Switch up the way you make your coffee! Whether you are trying to get out of old routines or a coffee connoisseur curious about the best way to get the most flavor out of your daily cup o' joe, try these tips:
- Rinse your filter with hot water before brewing.
- Use cold filtered water to brew your coffee.
- If you grind your coffee beans, don't make them super fine. You want your beans to be ground to the consistency of granulated salt.
- Measure your coffee - use 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for every 6 ounces of water (usually one cup in your brewer).
- Water temperature should be between 195 degrees - 205 degrees. If you boil water, let it sit for 30 seconds before using it.
- Drink your freshly brewed coffee within 30 minutes of brewing. Don’t let coffee sit in a brewer all day long. Make it as you need it.
PRO TIP: If you don’t like drinking your home water, don’t make coffee with it.