Mmmmm - cocoa and sugar! Nothing but the absolute best goes into this, our second installment of Coffee in Cookies recipes for your Holiday baking. This week we're sharing Dark Cocoa Crinkle Cookies with a caffeinated twist: made even better with Caruso's Coffee!
DARK COCOA COFFEE CRINKLE COOKIES
These Coffee Crinkle Cookies are crispy on the edges but soft and chewy on the inside. Rich, chocolatey, and incredibly decadent.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 32 minutes
Makes: 5-6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Make your coffee extract ahead of time by combining 1/4 cup crushed whole beans with 1 cup vodka in a tightly sealed mason jar. Let stand at room temperature for 5-7 days (shaking occasionally).
- Blend together the dark cocoa powder, granulated sugar & oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the coffee extract and blend well.
- In another bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Add dry ingredients to the cocoa mixture, stirring until combined.
- Place dough in covered container and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball into powdered sugar before placing on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to wire rack.
For this recipe we recommend:
ERIE ISLAND COFFEE CO
WHOLE BEAN, 32OZ