Our favorite mommy-blog inspired Coffee Smoothie is oh-so simple and delicious. Ready in just 5 minutes and much healthier (and yummier) than those sugar-filled coffee shop drinks. Enjoy!
CARUSO'S COFFEE SMOOTHIE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 10-12 oz smoothie
- 1 tbsp ground coffee un-brewed, (not instant coffee)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/2 frozen banana (the riper, the sweeter)*
- Raw honey, as needed, for sweetness (and if not vegan)
- Ice, as needed to thicken
*If you can’t have bananas (or you’re just not a fan), you can replace with frozen avocado, sweet potato, greek yogurt, oatmeal, or any other frozen fruit of your choice.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more ice if too thin (or more milk if too thick) -- as needed.
- Serve immediately.
HOW TO FREEZE FOR LATER
- Add the ground coffee, banana, vanilla extract, and peanut butter to a sealable freezer-safe bag.
- Press the air out of the bag and place it in the freezer.
- As soon as you crave a coffee smoothie in the morning, all you have to do is to add almond milk followed by the frozen ingredients to your blender.
For this recipe we recommend:
ERIE ISLAND COFFEE
Whole Bean, 32OZ