Our absolute favorites are these Peppermint Mocha cookies! Soft-baked plus a wonderful white chocolate coating and a sprinkle of classic candy cane for the perfect amount of crunch. More family-friendly and light than brownies and certain to please!
PEPPERMINT MOCHA COOKIES
These Peppermint Mocha Cookies are certainly our absolute favorite holiday cookie ever. Not only do they taste downright scandalous, they look the part too!
Prep Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
Makes: 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light (or dark brown) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons finely ground espresso beans (substitute: 1 Tablespoon finely ground coffee)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 3 large candy canes, crushed
- Cream the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and add the chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough by refrigerating for at least 3 hours.
- Roll cookie dough into about 1 inch balls
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate (either on the stove in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments)
- Dip each cookie halfway into the white chocolate. Place each cookie onto a parchment or silicone baking mat-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the cookies to allow the white chocolate to set.
For this recipe we recommend: