Who doesn't love coffee and cookies during the Holiday season? We sure do! The only way to make it even better this year is to put the coffee in the cookies too! Throughout the month, we are sharing some of our favorite recipes for you to try, starting with this National Cookie Day treat: Coffee & Chocolate Shortbread. Enjoy!
COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIE
Everyone knows that shortbread is a simple and delicious cookie that you can bake in just a few minutes. By adding just the right amount of Coffee and Chocolate to your favorite Shortbread recipe, you can have the perfect offering for cookie exchanges and even holiday gifts. A simple chocolate-dipped mocha shortbread cookie is both beautiful and tasty, but feel free to decorate in a festive style all your own!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 15 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons FINELY GROUND coffee
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (mini chips = 8 ounce bag)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Cream butter & vanilla together, stir in flour, sugar & coffee.
- Roll dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into circles (use a cookie cutter or drinking glass).
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees F until lightly browned (and firm).
- Let shortbread cool completely.
- Combine the oil and chocolate chips and melt (either on the stove in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments)
- Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and place on a wire rack to allow chocolate glaze to set.
For this recipe we recommend:
NORTH COAST COFFEE CO
DEAD MAN'S CURVE DARK ROAST
WHOLE BEAN, 12OZ